Sunday, October 19, 2014

For the Love of Pillows

I have a confession to make.
 
I LOVE throw pillows!
I can't get enough of them!
 
Whenever I go to a department store I always
check out the pillow section.
 
My FAVORITE store to buy home décor is Pottery Barn.
You could say I'm a Pottery Barn kind of gal.
 
Although I love Pottery Barn they are a bit pricey.
I only buy items that are on sale or clearance from there.
I can honestly say that I never pay full price there.
 
As I was looking through their Fall catalog, I really wanted to buy some of the
 fall pillows to go with the rest of my fall décor.
Even though there was a sale going on, I just couldn't see spending that kind of money
for a pillow.  Sadly, I didn't purchase any.
 
One morning as I was killing some time before my dentist appointment,
I thought I would pop into Walmart and have a look see around since it
was close by and the only store open at that time of morning.
I noticed that they had just put out some fall items in the kitchen area.

And then I saw these placemats by Better Homes and Garden.....
 
 
 
 
and I had a light bulb moment!
 
Wouldn't this make a pretty fall pillow?
 
It had pretty appliqued leaves and beautiful embroidered scrolled vines.
 
I picked it up and turned it over to see the back side and
noticed that it had a back liner on it!  And the best part was it was only
$2.98!  So I grabbed two of them.
 
 
Last Saturday I was determined to make a pillow out of these.
 
First, I put my seam ripper to work.
 
 
I took part of the bottom seam apart to create an opening.
 
 
I knew that I had a couple of bags of Poly-Fil laying around that I could use to stuff these with.
 
 
And stuff away I did!
 
 
Once I got both placemats, I mean pillows, stuffed, it was time to close the opening back up.
I actually was able to sew these shut on my sewing machine instead of hand stitching them.
 
TA DA!
My new fall placemat pillows
 

 

 
What do you think?  Do you like them?
 
These 2 pillows took me less than 20 minutes to make.
And the best part about this project was it only cost me
a whopping $5.96 for 2 pillows!!!
 
I think these look just as good as any of the Pottery Barn pillows.
 
Hubby was dumbfounded with these.  He just shakes his head and
says "Amazing".
 
Check back in next week and see what else I created.
 
Until next week,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment